What is MIPA?
The Montenegrin Investment Promotion Agency (MIPA) is a national investment agency set up by the Government of Montenegro in 2005 to promote foreign investments and facilitate economic development in Montenegro.
The mission of MIPA is to partner with foreign and domestic investors; the public and private sector; international organizations and private individuals in order to boost business opportunity and overseas investments in Montenegro. Ultimately, through economic development, MIPA aims to improve the quality of life of all Montenegrin citizens. Therefore, MIPA promotes business ventures of particular interest to foreign investors and brings such projects to the attention of the international marketplace. Moreover, MIPA raises Montenegro profile as a global competitor by facilitating investment from abroad.
What can MIPA do for you?
MIPA helps you find business opportunities in Montenegro by:
- Business cooperation and business Start-up services;
- Providing information on local investment withing the institutional framework;
- Consulting in local customs and laws
- Assisting in gaining permits and licenses on national and local levels;
- Developing specific strategies for specific sectors and countries;
- Assisting in the location of Greenfield and Brownfield site options according to specific requirements;
- Providing initiatives while supporting cooperation with domestic supplier companies and other local partners;
- Maintaining an investment database;
- Identifying potential challenges to business cooperation in Montenegro and alerting local official to make the necessary systematic changes;
- Promoting business ventures by connecting local companies with foreign investors.